Work samples for Knight Arts Challenge 2019
“Apollo’s Fire is reinventing classical music in the U.S. heartland by reaching out to find audiences, instead of sitting back and waiting for listeners to find them. Treating folk and art music of the past as a continuum, the program embraced cultural diversity… outstanding.”
– Seen & Heard International, 2017 (Review of MusicAlive! at the Akron Art Museum)
1. VIDEO: MusicAlive! Concert Highlights from March 16, 2017
2. VIDEO: Apollo’s Fire – The Exploding Bow and Other Recent Highlights (2019 montage)
Excerpts from AF’s baroque concerts, tour engagements, and in-school workshops.
3. VIDEO: Apollo’s Fire Family Concerts & In-School Workshops
Excerpts from educational programs in 2017 and 2018.
4. VIDEO: Longa Farafahza (traditional Arabic dance)
This is an excerpt from AF’s multicultural crossover program, “O Jerusalem! – Crossroads of Three Faiths.” It shows the authenticity that AF will bring to its new program on the immigrant experience of Akron’s refugee community.
5. VIDEO: Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto no. 5
Performed at the Tanglewood Festival, 2015. This shows the ensemble on tour in its core repertoire.